If you see this code then Amazon already has a listing that uses the barcode number you have entered.
There are two reasons why this could happen:
1. You have already created a product listing with Amazon using this GTIN. If this is the case, please check your barcode assignments and take care not to assign multiple products to the one GTIN. Remember, every product and product variation such as size/colour/weight/fit/design must have a unique barcode number.
2. A third party is illegally using the GTIN that rightly belongs to you. If you have checked your barcode assignments and there are no duplicates. Please get in contact with us and we will help resolve this with Amazon. We will have to check which codes in your package have been duplicated. Usually we will issue replacement codes that you can use for your Amazon listings as this is the easiest way to move forward.
Amazon have an approved work around for this situation and are aware of some sellers using codes that they do not legally own.
Please Note: We guarantee that the codes we provide to you have never been assigned to a product ever before.
Some resellers are known to invent numbers and recycle codes that have gone out of circulation. We do not condone, nor partake in this practice.
Frustratingly, if a product is found by Amazon to be listed using an illegally obtained or invented barcode they don’t purge the listing causing an enormous amount of problems for Amazon and it’s sellers. Amazon will suspend a seller for illegal use of barcodes but the listing remains on the site’s back end meaning that a seller using the same GTIN (legitimately obtained) will encounter issues listing their product.
While these duplication issues are very stressful and frustrating. An Amazon duplication does not mean that you will encounter the same duplication everywhere. It is incredibly unlikely that you will have the issue in your retail outlets or anywhere other than Amazon.
If you encounter any issues with Amazon, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and provide the following details:
– The order number you received from India Barcodes
– The email address and name used for the purchase with India Barcodes
– You manufacturer/brand name used in the Amazon listing
– Any screenshots of the Amazon error message
We will review your message, check which codes in your package have been illegally used on Amazon and proceed with an amicable solution.